A starter kit for reproducible research with R
This accompanies my draft short article for the UKES Bulletin: A reproducible workflow for evaluation reports.
Here are just two files which together get you started with a bare-bones reproducible research project.
- Install and install R and RStudio.
- Download this little example of a reproducible source file and an accompanying example Excel file describing the heights and ages of a bunch of boys and girls in a school.
- Save them together in a new folder.
- Double-click the source file to open it in RStudio. The source file has a couple of commands to read the Excel file, clean it and make a table and a chart, as well as plain text which becomes the headings and body of the document.
- Press the blue “Knit” button in RStudio, you will get a beautiful Word document.
- Try editing the text and then press “Knit” again to see what happens.